At Solar Light we perform maintenance calibrations for all Solar Light products. All of our calibrations are performed to NIST traceable standards.
Our products are recommended for annual calibration to maintain Good Laboratory Practice. Solar Light meters and detectors should be calibrated annually and light sources should be cleaned and aligned annually.
Our calibration laboratory’s Quality System is compliant to ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994.72 hour Expedited Calibration Service – For an additional 50% you can have your instrument(s) calibrated and shipped with 72 hours of reaching our door. Inquire about receiving expedited calibrations or just send your unit to us with expedited calibration service on the PO or shipping label. For qualifying orders with timely credit/payment approval. Fee can be refunded if system is not shipped within 72 hours of Solar Light receiving the package. Does not apply to peripheral products that will be shipped separately. This information does not alter or replace your separately provided estimated ship date. To receive refund contact us at 215-517-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To have your equipment calibrated follow the information below:
Calibrations & Repair Request Form.“Calibrations and Repair Request Form “ Print out your form.
Procedure to send Solar Light’s instruments to the factory for annual calibration or repair:
1. Print and fax to us the “Request Form” listing the model and serial number of the instrument, and mark for repair with description of problem and or calibration or 72 hour calibration.
2. Issue a purchase order or provide credit card authorization to charge.
3. Provide specific shipping instructions for the return shipment and fax or e-mail P.O. / Return Form to Solar Light Company
4. Enclosed a copy of the Return Form in the package with the instrument.
5. Please follow packaging instructions to ensure your product(s) safe arrival.
Ship prepaid via UPS or FedEx, fully insured to:
Solar Light Company, Inc.
100 East Glenside Avenue
Glenside, PA. 19038 USA
Tel: 1 215 517-8700
Fax: 1 215 517-8747
Send to: Attn: Calibrations laboratory
Send to: Attn: Repair Service (if both Calibration and Repair Services may be required for your instrument)
If you are requesting “72 hour expedited calibration,” send it to Attn: Calibrations Laboratory – 72 HOUR EXPEDITED on the shipping label.
1. If the customer is from outside the United States, mark shipping documents/commercial invoice with:
“U.S.A. Goods being returned to the manufacturer for repair and re-shipment back to us.”
2. Customer is responsible for all taxes, duties, and customs clearing expenses that may apply in the shipment.
3. Solar Light will inspect the instruments upon receipt and will advise and obtain approval of repair and or re-calibration before proceeding with the work.
4. Solar Light standard payment terms are: Payment in Advance (before shipment) either by major Credit Card with 1.5% surcharge or via bank wire transfer.
Please contact us to receive wire transfer information.
To discuss your calibration needs, just call (215) 517-8700.