We have a new opportunity for a Director of Sales/Commercial Operations for Capital Equipment. This position is responsible for managing capital equipment sales for Solar Light, located in a suburb of Philadelphia, and Optronic Laboratories located in Orlando. The selected candidate will add value by leading the commercial strategy within North America, leveraging direct and indirect sales resources to achieve annual sales targets. Close coordination with regional marketing, inside sales, and technical sales resources will be utilized as part of a broad strategy to drive awareness, customer satisfaction, and market leadership. The successful candidate will be experienced and adept in the creation of relationships and performing cost-benefit analyses to existing and potential customers. Representing proven technology and providing top notch customer service will enable you to reach high levels of success within account generation and exponential growth of sales. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to grow the already strong base of existing customers while continuing to maintain the current customer base.
Preferred location is on-site in Orlando, Florida.
About The Companies
Solar Light Company, Inc., is in Glenside, Pennsylvania. Solar Light designs and manufactures precision solar simulators, meteorological instruments, sources, standards and calibration services to assess the impact of sunlight on human health and the environment. For assessing the impact of sunlight on human health and the environment, our products are the go-to instrumentation for SPF measurement of sun protection products, monitoring UV disinfection systems, atmospheric monitoring, and solar cell testing.
Optronic Laboratories, Inc., an affiliate of Solar Light Company, Inc., is in Orlando, Florida, designs and manufactures high performance, research-grade optical radiation measurement systems, sphere sources, and calibration standards and services that improve the way the world measures light. Whether your application is NVIS-compatibility measurements, automotive and commercial product display testing, or LED, luminaire and photobiological hazard testing, our customers can be assured of accurate, repeatable, NIST-traceable measurements throughout the long life of our instrumentation.
Our companies are motivated and inspired every day by how customers use our highly engineered products to find creative solutions to complex problems, develop breakthrough scientific advancements, and stay ahead of the technological curve. We run our business in much the same way. Innovation is the focal point of our corporate mission, and we strive to provide state-of-the-art products and solutions that help our customers pioneer into the future. New ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
What You’ll Do…
- Achieve annual sales goals within North America through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer accounts
- Develop and implement an effective business growth plan
- Coordinate with the leadership team to develop annual plan in support of North American strategy
- Coordinate closely with the leadership team to assist in developing regional training plans to introduce new products, applications, and commercial partnerships.
- Establish subject matter expertise in cold chain management, storage workflows, and supply chain needs within key markets
- Coordinate participation in local societies and conferences to develop industry relationships
- Ensure understanding of capital equipment approval cycles and procurement operations across key markets
- Develop team capable of demonstration and articulating the critical benefits of our products
- Sell company products, including Fluorescence and Optical Spectroscopy Packages and Components and potentially other spectroscopy, and microscopy tools in the assigned territory with a minimal amount of supervision
- Handle customer inquiries, actively prospect, and conduct product demonstrations and presentations effectively
- Develop customer interest in equipment, prepare quotations and follow through for purchase orders
- Achieve assigned sales target and develop a sales strategy
- Attend trade shows
- Build business by identifying and selling prospects, maintaining relationships with clients
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Maintain customer/prospect database and activity
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information including forecasts, activities, territory evaluation and so forth
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
Can you Answer ‘Yes’ to the Following Criteria?
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline? (Masters or Ph.D. preferred)
- Do you have a minimum of ten (10) years of successful sales experience with capital equipment sales for scientific applications?
- Do you have technical, capital equipment and optical / spectroscopy experience?
- Do you consider yourself to be a strong leader and salesperson, with a proven record of closing business and meeting/exceeding sales goals?
- Have you been successful selling radiometric and spectroscopy-based laboratory instrumentation?
- Have you been a top performer or ranked in the top 15% of the outside sales force?
- Do you have confident communication (written and oral) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders of internal and external organizations?
- Are you willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 35-40%)?
We offer competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with experience. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Solar Light and Optronic Laboratories are Equal Opportunity employers. For consideration, please submit a current resume with your compensation requirements.