The UV Warning Signal Model 511 is designed to provide a real-time indication of the sun’s UV intensity in an easy to read package. It’s great for outdoor areas such as golf courses, country clubs, school yards, outdoor sporting events, amusement parks, ski slopes, beaches, and swimming pools.
The UV Warning Signal takes the sun’s radiation, and changes the UV photons of light in the “skin sensitive range” into an electric signal that corresponds to the World Health Organization and US EPA UV Index exposure categories. Those exposure categories are represented on the UV Warning Signal by five colored indicator lights. When in operation, the UV Warning Signal illuminates the indicator light that corresponds to the level of UV radiation being received by the sensor.
The heart of the unit is the Solar Light Erythema Weighted Sensor. This sensor is remote mounted for indoor installations of the UV Warning Signal and can be mounted either remotely or directly on top of the 511 chassis for outdoor installations. Hardware is provided for mounting the sensor remotely, and also included for mounting the 511 to a wall or pole. Walls and poles are not supplied.
A clear day in the Western US during summer can experience UV Index values as high as 10+. During the winter, it can also reach levels of concern. This means a person with Type II skin, unprotected, can burn in a little as 10-15 minutes. In the Northwest part of the US during the summer, the UV Index can reach 9+, while winter values can reach 3+. These are typical average values.
- Weatherproof: NEMA 4X / IP66 rated.
- Flexible Configuration: Outdoor/Indoor signal, Sensor directly or remotely mounted.
- High Visibility: Super-bright LEDs are visible up to 50 meters in direct sunlight.
- Simple Operation: UV Index value is categorized into one of five color coded exposure categories.
- International Standards: UV Index values displayed in accordance with World Health Organization and US EPA guidelines.
- Stable Calibration: Extended calibration interval required every two years.
Power source: Low voltage 24 VAC power requirement allows for safe and simple installation and operation.
|UV Index Range
|Avoid being outside during mid-day hours.
Seek shade. Shirt, sunscreen and hat must be worn.
|Seek shade during mid-day hours.
Shirt, sunscreen, and hat should be worn.
|No protection required.